Saturday, April 7, 2012

US Air Force Half Marathon 2011


I never blogged that I did finish my first half marathon last year, 2011, so finally I’m writing it down. I did the US Air Force half marathon. I accomplished this with my two friends Cherie and Stephanie! I couldn't have done it without their encouragement, and the many hours we logged in training. We did awesome :)

Here is a link to the US Air Force Marathon/Half Marathon website:
http://www.usafmarathon.com/

I must say it was the scariest endeavor I had taken on at that point in my life. I was so nervous. Could I continue on for 13.1 miles? To my amazement, I did. It felt good to cross that finish line and earn my medal. I had a goal of finishing in about 3 hours, and my time ended up being 3:05:47. So not bad at all.


I have plans to run a full marathon one day, but I need to build up my endurance again. After the half marathon last year, my body was wrecked. My hips hurt really badly, and I had to go to a chiropractor. However, the doc straightened me back out, gave me some orthotics for my shoes,
and I’m back in running condition once again.

So no more excuses. One day I’ll tackle my 26.2!

No comments:

Post a Comment