Sunday, June 13, 2010

First Tri is Scheduled

I have registered for my first triathlon. It is the Georgia Veterans Triathlon in Cordele, GA, at Lake Blackshear.
I will: Swim ¼ mile, Bike 13.6 miles, Run 3.1 miles
The Race Date is Saturday, August 14, 2010

I have been training, but I will be doing more to prepare for August. Spin class is the best trainer ever! I have started to run after spin class as well, to work on my transition from bike to run. My parents also just got a new pool, so I have my own personal swim training area, that is going to be awesome. Now I just have to make sure I can at least swim 16 laps around the pool in a row without stopping!

I also have a bike ride planned. It is the Tour De Moose at the Avionics Museum. I will be doing the 30 mile with my friend Christina.

Also in training news I have bought a power yoga DVD to work on strength and stretching. This along with my kettlebell workout should help me gain some stability and muscle. I love my 18 lb kettlebell, I will have to post a picture of it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment